Welcome to Summit
At Summit, our goal is to help patients and their families experience the freedom of recovery, enhance understanding and awareness of eating disorders and encourage prevention, treatment and lasting recovery.
Summit is a Joint Commission-accredited center for eating disorders treatment and prevention based in Sacramento, California. Founded in 2000, Summit's medically-supervised treatment programs serve both adolescents and adults with anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorder. A multidisciplinary team of professionals oversees outpatient levels of care, including a seven day-per-week Partial Hospitalization Program, an Intensive Outpatient Program and flexible outpatient programming in Sacramento, as well as Intensive Outpatient and flexible outpatient programs in Fresno and Roseville.
Learn more about Summit Eating Disorders and Outreach Program
Summit offers a variety of outpatient programs to meet the treatment needs of patients and families. Our patients come from throughout the United States, and adults and families residing outside the greater Sacramento area have access to recovery-focused housing in a gated apartment community near the treatment center.
Summit Featured in PBS Documentary, “Too Much, Too Little: Childhood Eating Disorders”
Jennifer Lombardi, MFT, Executive Director of Summit, was featured in a recent PBS documentary on the topic of childhood eating disorders and obesity. While Lombardi shares insights about the incidence of childhood eating disorders and best practices for early intervention, as well as her personal eating disorder recovery journey, a former Summit adolescent patient shares information about her struggles with eating disordered thoughts and behaviors and her ongoing recovery.
Summit Eating Disorders and Outpatient Programs Offer Outpatient Treatment in Fresno and Roseville
Summit Eating Disorders Outpatient Program at Fresno and Summit Eating Disorders Outpatient Program at Roseville offer medically-supervised outpatient services for adults and adolescents suffering from anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorder. Both programs offer an Intensive Outpatient Program, as well as individual and family therapy, psychiatric evaluation and nutrition education. Learn more about Summit's Intensive Outpatient Program here.
What makes Summit unique…
- More than a decade of experience exclusively treating patients with eating disorders
- Full time medical team daily monitoring and managing the physical and psychiatric needs of patients
- Full time nutrition team
- Flexible scheduling depending on patient need
- Meals prepared on site by our chef
- Cooking experiential groups in our full kitchen
- Activity groups and yoga classes
- Chemical dependency track for those struggling with drug and alcohol issues
- Aftercare services
- Daily study hall for students wishing to keep up on their studies and an onsite credentialed teacher available for tutoring
- Family education and support groups
- Sacramento treatment facility located in a beautiful setting along the American River. Additional outpatient programs available in Roseville and Fresno.
- Summit offers Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient programs in a beautiful setting along the American River in Sacramento. Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient services are also offered at treatment locations in Fresno and Roseville.
- Our overall client satisfaction is 4.58 out of 5 and our outcome results show the effectiveness of our programs
- Recovery-focused housing adjacent to the treatment facility available to patients residing outside the Sacramento area.
- Partnering with Eating Recovery Center, an international center for eating disorders recovery. Eating Recovery Center's intensive Inpatient and Residential programs offer a valuable treatment resource for Summit's adult and adolescent patients requiring a higher level of care.
Summit Insurance Contracts
Summit has contracted with several insurance companies in order to make eating disorders treatment accessible to patients and families. The Business Office is committed to helping patients and families understand their insurance coverage and the financial obligations of eating disorders treatment, and serves as a liaison between families and third-party payers to ensure that insurance benefits are fully leveraged. While Summit is unable to accept any government insurance (including Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE/CHAMPUS), it accepts the following insurance providers:
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- PHCS Multiplan
- Sutter Select
- Value Options
- United Behavioral Health
- U.S. Behavioral Health
Summit offers a monthly Professional Onsite to professionals in the Sacramento area and surrounding communities. Join us for a presentation from our clinical leadership team, a tour of our treatment facility, and dine with our clinical staff while learning more about Summit's programs and services. We offer 1 CE credit for master’s level clinicians through National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC); MFTs and LSWs through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences; RDs through the Commission on Dietetic Registration; RNs through the Colorado Nurses Association; and Psychologists through the American Psychological Association.
For more information and/or to register for the following dates: May 31, June 21, July 19 or August 16, please contact Melissa O'Neill, Professional Relations Coordinator, at 308-991-2866 or MONeill@sedop.org
Summit Eating Disorders and Outreach Program is accredited through the Joint Commission. The Joint Commission's mission is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process that centers on enhancing the lives of the persons served.
Summit welcomes feedback from patients, visitors and the community regarding ways to improve safety and quality of care at our facilities. You may send suggestions and concerns via email to email@example.com, or call 916-265-3629 to reach the Safety Officer. Your concern will be directly sent to the relevant member of Summit's management team.
As a facility accredited by the Joint Commission, individuals with safety or quality of care concerns regarding a patient's treatment at Summit have the right to contact the Joint Commission directly to make a complaint. Detailed instructions outlining how to contact the Joint Commission regarding a complaint can be found here.
Summit Partners with Eating Recovery Center
Summit Eating Disorders & Outreach is pleased to announce that it has partnered with Eating Recovery Center, a nationally recognized center for eating disorders treatment. This partnership formalizes a longstanding collaborative relationship between the two centers. Click here to learn more.